My patio looked great when it was first installed, but now it seems to be settling in a number of places. Why is this happening, and can it be fixed?
This could be happening for a number of reasons. Let's explore a few of the main reasons for settling....
- Improper compaction due to poor compaction equipment or operator error.
- Attempting to compact too much base material at one time. Compaction should occur in stages (often referred to as "lifts").
- Improper base stone.
- Improper preparation of setting bed.
- Failure to amend or compact sub grade prior to addition of base stone.
- Mother Nature can also play a hand. Naturally occurring events such as soil migration due to root and animal activity can contribute to settling.
With that being said, all hope is not lost. Paver stones can be lifted, the problems addressed and corrected, and then re-set. If you would like to give us a call at 585-924-4488, we can come out and address your particular situation and tell you what would need to be done to rectify your problem!